JOIN THE MISFIT GANG
WHO WE ARE
Currently located on Ossington, MISFITSTUDIO is a movement studio rooted in yoga, informed by Pilates and inspired by dance. If you’ve been to one of our spaces or pop-ups you know that we combine movement and mysticism in a welcoming space that encourages connections of the mind, body, and spirit. At MISFITSTUDIO many different people will work the front desk, but the experience we create for our clients should always feel consistent. Regardless if you’re an energy exchanger, studio manager, or the COO - the role of front desk is the same.
HIRING FOR: FRONT DESK (ENERGY EXCHANGE)
WHAT YOU DO
- Create a welcoming atmosphere; whether you’re greeting someone who takes class every single day or someone walking into the studio for the first time it’s your job to make them feel like they are in the right place. A kind smile and acknowledgment as you check them in for class, along with providing them with any information they need, makes you successful in this role.
- Manage the logistics of classes; if you’ve been at the studio during peak class times you know there is a lot going on. People streaming into the studio for various waitlisted classes, and sweaty happy students pouring out of our studios into crammed hallways. With last minute no-shows, and waitlists you’re able to be a conductor of bodies and ensure students get into the appropriate classes. Regardless of how busy, clustered or chaotic any moment might be you always remain positive and calm.
- Studio set-up and maintenance; you ensure everything in the studio is ready to go so that teachers can come in and shine. This means ensuring the floors are swept, mats are up or down, the speakers are working and the lighting is right. You also keep an eye out for general studio maintenance during your shift, like incense burning, toilet paper in it’s right place and a general tidiness up front.
HOW YOU DO IT
A lot of our work has been guided by the four agreements and we believe they are a great way to approach any role:
- Be impeccable with your word; as the first person students see and hear when they walk into our space the tone and vibe you set with your words is incredibly important. Speak with integrity, and use the power of your words in the direction of truth and love. You will be connected to many different stakeholders across our community and your words carry weight - choose and use them wisely and for good.
- Don’t take anything personally; nothing others do is because of you, so if people walk in upset because there isn’t space in a class, or they made a scheduling mistake, fix the problem and don’t let their mood affect yours.
- Don’t make assumptions; Find the courage to ask questions and express what you really mean. It’s better to ask the question and find out the right information or spend a little bit of time getting a better understanding of a situation to avoid upset-ness or errors.
- Always do your best; pretty self explanatory, but your best can change day to day or situation to situation. Always do your personal best and avoid regret.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
HIRING FOR: STUDIO(S) MANAGER
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Manage daily studio operations and maintain the space; you are an expert in managing the spaces that currently (and will one day) house MISFITSTUDIO. This means ensuring the atmosphere is consistent with the Misfit brand; having the palo santo burning, ensuring the water jug is full, the plants are watered, mats and props are in their right spaces, the laundry is done and that there is enough toilet paper in the washrooms. You pride yourself on the look and feel of the space and you are always anticipating needs and taking appropriate action to make certain that our studio is looking and performing at its best. Not only will you be responsible for doing this for our current studio, as we expand to new locations and pop-up spaces you will responsible for ensuring the Misfit vision is alive there on a daily basis.
- Manage staffing of the front desk; making certain that the front desk is always staffed appropriately and that everyone is committed to upholding our values and providing a seamless and consistent student experience is a top priority. Not only will you will be accountable for overseeing the front desk; from scheduling, to managing the staff who are greeting our students, you will also have the opportunity to set the standard as you’ll be working some hours at the desk yourself.
- Develop and execute a powerful energy exchange program; we value community and realize that it takes a village to be successful. With this in mind, you will create and manage an energy exchange program that enables us to maintain adequate front desk coverage in exchange for access to our studio’s services. You’ll manage the entire process including the program’s creation, the recruitment & training of members, reviewing timesheets and managing performance. The aim is to have 20-25 amazing energy exchange participants at any given time.
- Elevate the student experience; in addition to being an expert in our space you will also be an expert about our students and their experience. You will represent our values in all that you do, and ensure the staff you manage are working collectively to enhance our students’ experience. You’ll quickly get a handle on the students coming into the studio and will greet them by name, giving them that special 1:1 attention they deserve and making sure they feel taken care of. You will be able to make recommendations about classes, scheduling, community events all based off your in-depth knowledge of the student base at each location.
- Welcoming and care about students; we create an atmosphere that is inclusive and uplifting. We welcome students of all backgrounds and experience and make them feel at home.
- Always do your best; you strive to do your best in all that you do. No task is too big or too small. If you see an opportunity, you jump in and act and give it your all. We can have confidence in our outcomes when we put forth our greatest effort.
- On top of your game; attention to detail is one of your strengths; nothing escapes your awareness. You can be relied upon to own every aspect of your role.
- Don’t make assumptions; you are courageous enough to ask questions and express yourself. You understand that communicating clearly with others leads to fewer misunderstandings and less unhappiness and you apply this in your interactions with your staff and students.
WHY WORK WITH US
If you’re passionate about movement and looking to feel truly connected and help others feel the same, this is the place for you. We offer a competitive salary of $36-40K in addition to access to our unique class offerings.